Monday 25 January 2010

zzzzzzzz.

Last night was little different from usual. Archie woke at 11, 12, 2.30, 4.30 and then 5.30. By this time I'd had enough, so I tucked him up with me for the last hour before getting up at 6.30.
It's fascinating how the human body can still function in a zombie like state - I feel terrible and I'm sure I look and sound terrible too, yet life goes on and I'm already hoping the drizzle lifts for a birthday boulder this afternoon.
If and when I finally get a few good nights sleep, some fine weather and my pulled pinky mends itself, I'm hoping to make some real progress on this years goal. Actually it's just my spring goal - other aspirations call for the summer, and I hope this project will allow the fitness to truly test their defences.

As you get older fewer people seem to remember your birthday, but the presents get better as those that do remember are more thoughtful - A box set of copper dragon brewery Yorkshire ales, a trip on a steam train to the seaside to build sandcastles and a luxury dressing gown to make me feel better after another nights non-sleep.

I'll leave you with my latest offering of a point and press bouldering video. It includes some 2009 highlights, yet due to the sensitivity required at the venues, I'll be taking it down again later. In the meantime - enjoy, and get in touch if you have any belated presents for me (pillows, pyjamas, earplugs...) or if you're inspired enough to want to try any of the problems.

1 comment:

Keeg said...

Happy birthday Uptown, your present is in chocolate form and will be drip fed to you throughout the year...