Thursday 5 August 2010

Wound up?

Wind up?
Nah. I've unfinished business and the answer is simple really - I'm writing this blog for both me and you. I hope it can give some push, some drive to work toward, and achieve climbing goals. That's what climbing is predominantly about. Sure, the goals differ enormously according to person and their present situations - grade, location, friendships, history, quality, adventure... I could go on, yet it's obvious now to me why I'm enjoying my present middle-aged renaissance, why I'm enjoying this challenge, 18 years on from my first great climbing adventures...

I went on a blind date yesterday, to Raven tor in Millers dale - The behemouth of Peak District sport climbing. I was going to meet Ian at the cornice in Cheedale yet the rain had changed our outlook. He wanted to try Out of my boots and Toadside. I was happy to open an account with Revelations, a 15 minute familiarisation with an historical tick worthy within anyones logbook.
August 1992 also featured visits to the tor - I'll go through the old August diary entries from 1992 in a future post. Suffice to say it's not got any easier there since my earliest probings.

I've only got Statement, Soft option and Zoolook to open accounts on now, I'm still after a partner for Statement if anyone is keen to join me down by the sea this summer?

3 comments:

ram man said...

Glad to hear you're keeping this alive! Makes for good and inspiring reading. Good luck with the goals.

uptown said...

Cheers Steve, glad to hear this is inspiring for some. Good luck on the Ravens arete - that looks pro!

Anonymous said...

As it happens I was on Zoolook this weekend as the mrs has her 127th day on new dawn.

Roberto