Wednesday 6 October 2010

The flatlands.

Recently I've been working in the Dutch flatlands on a mini-eden.



A colleague went for a run one night and randomly stumbled across a park. Running through this he randomly stumbled across a font escapee - the only free rock in the entire country.
I was made up, after-graft fun could be had away from the bar:



It seems that it's rained continuously since I went out to earn $$$, so much so that all the sport crags in Yorkshire are now wet.
I'm going to re-invent myself as a boulderer again. A trip to Nidderdale and a brief first glance at St. Bees reminded me how unstrong I am, but how much fun remains to be had. I did a reflection circuit and a new filler in at the roof (borderline, 6b/c) and some breezy seasalts on the coast - favourites being undercooke and swinger sds. If only it wasn't so far!

No comments: