Monday 12 April 2010

'tis the season to be Caley.

I've managed a couple of quick trips out to the Chevin over the last week or so and have rekindled my spark for the place. It can be a nasty scene there if you brave it at the wrong time of the year - green, slimy, cold, wet, head-height vegetation and bracken - a bit like Guisecliff really. Go at the right time of the season and it throws classic after classic at you until your fingers bleed. That time is now. I've tried to add a few things to my repertoire up there this year, and was chuffed to do JuJu club last night - a 7b+ which really doesn't suit my style, yet hides technique well in its brutish burl. I also did a 'new' sitstart to Black Jumper at about 7a+ to create a flowing highball challenge, with a fun set of moves. I'll try to pop a video up if I get chance this week.

No comments: